Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why so coy?

Good morning, Self.

'Tis the second day of this blog and no comments from readers as yet, though the blog has had a ton of hits.

Progress on my Gulf of the Plains sequel: Paget Redpath and several of the Gulf Rangers are in a tight spot and while I am not having trouble deciding what I want to happen to them, I have struck the dreaded 'Chapter Five Doldrums'. The words and sentences come slowly and drag themselves out like a sleepy cat, gliding slowly across the floor. I think it's because I have some things to do today and I am having trouble motivating myself to do them.

I will repeat my question of yesterday and ask my readers; why do women find my post-apocalyptic novel, Gulf of the Plains, so interesting? Is it the cast of characters and their various back-stories? Is it the emotional interplay amongst them? Is it the gentle romance that occurs between the people who make up the two couples comprising the four main characters?

Enough of that for today. Until next time, Readers.

Derek A. Murphy
Author of Gulf of the Plains, It Happens Every Day, Questionable Interests, Taken Apart, Behind the Stone, Stitch in Thyme, Eggs of Empire,
Congruencies, A Quart of Djinn, A Taste For Blood
Available on Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment